Ready to use with no mixing required, extremely smooth and easy to trowel. As Floor Bond XMS™ contains no water or solvents, the risk of deforming timber flooring is eliminated.
* Easy to apply, forms stable peaks once applied with a notched trowel
* No gassing or foaming
* Elastomeric, permanently flexible
* Acoustic properties -ISO 140.6 and ISO 140.8 certified #
* Contains no water, solvents or isocyanates
* Resistant to temperature extremes: -40°C to +90°C
* Rapid cure and build up of bond strength
* One part ready to use, no mixing required
* Easy clean up
#(when tested in combination with HB Fuller approved acoustic mat)
Note:* Never install to substrates that are not protected from rising damp.
* Do not apply the adhesive at temperatures below 10°C or above 35°C.
* Do not apply the adhesive when the relative humidity is above 75%.
* Do not apply FloorbondXMS on a dense burnished concrete surface without first prior abrading or sanding the surface to obtain a mechanical key.
* Do not install onto a substrate that contains too much moisture or onto substrates with a higher humidity value than recommended by the wood supplier.
* Do not install wood that is too dry(<7% humidity)This can expand at higher humidity or when the humidity rises and cause damage.
* Do not install if the walls and ceilings of the area are not dry (eg after plastering or painting etc)
* Do not install on undulating concrete slabs
All surfaces must be clean, dry, even, sound and free of dust, oil, irregularities and cracks.
Application: Floorbond XMS™ flooring adhesive should be acclimatised to room temperature before installation. Apply the adhesive to the surface by means of a suitable notched trowel (3-4mm v notch for small size parquetry, 6 mm v-notch for boards). Do not apply more to the surface than can be covered within 30 minutes.
Slide the flooring onto the adhesive layer and tap into place or tamp down with a rubber hammer. Use enough pressure to ensure full constant contact between timber and adhesive. A minimum of 80% contact coverage is required to ensure perfect adhesion. Loading the flooring with weights will improve the final bond strength. Wait at least 24 hours before sanding and finishing the timber flooring.