FulaFlex 570FC PU is a one-component moisture curing fast-cure polyurethane adhesive/sealant specifically developed for application to concrete and masonry. It has fast curing properties that develop into a strong, durable and weather resistant adhesive/sealant and exhibits excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates. FulaFlex 570FC PU is low in VOC (<60g/L) and satisfies the requirements for Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
* Not suitable for external glazing
* Not for use in water retaining structures unless used in conjunction with waterproofing membrane
* Fulaflex 570FC PU should not be applied to frost bearing surfaces or if temperature will fall below 0°C
* When painted with oxidative drying paints disturbances in the drying of the paint may occur
* Because of diversity of paints available it is recommended to complete a compatibilty test before application.
* Do not attempt to finish/tool the sealant in a joint using the chemicals described in the clean up section, as they will adversely affect the sealant. Only use these chemicals to clean up un-cured sealant from tools and equipment.
* Not for use in joints contaminated with oil, grease, wax, dust, corrosion, tar, asphalt, loose aggregate, frost, dampness, foam-release agents or other such coating impregnations.
* Not for exposure to harsh chemicals - Fulaflex 570 FC PU does have some level of chemical resistance, pre-testing for contact with chemicals is recommended.
* Not suitable for glazing with glass, acrylic, or polycarbonate sheets. Refer other comments with regard to glass in substrates and surface preparation sections.
* Not for use with marble or other highly porous stone without pre-testing for staining
* Not recommended for use with bituminous surfaces or on materials that bleed oils, plasticisers or solvents, as this will affect adhesion.
* Open cell backing rod is recommended. Always take care when handling closed cell polyethylene backer rod during installation, so as not to pierce the rod.
* The presence of other curing sealant technologies in the vicinity (such as some silicones and MS polymers ) or exposure to alcohol during curing may prevent Fulaflex 570FC PU from curing.
As an adhesive
Apply product to one side to be bonded in a neat uniform size bead, (triangle shape preferable). Before product skins, mate with other surface. When bonding a sheet or panel to a large, flat surface, apply 10mm triangular beads every 30-40cm along the entire length.
Press into position and brace until set. Temporary or mechanical fixing may be required depending on substrates. Bond will develop dependent upon thickness of adhesive and ambient conditions.
As a sealant
Gun Fulaflex 570FC PU by pressing the trigger of the gun continuously to fill the joint, ensure air does not get trapped in the sealant/joint. After filling an appropriate length of joint, smooth the sealant with a spatula or trowel, pressing the sealant into the joint to form the required finish while ensuring the sealant fills the joint and there is full contact with the substrates. The application tool should contact the entire surface that is required to be tooled.
Fire-rated Construction joint sealant
Hybrid moisture curing construction sealant
Hybrid moisture curing construction sealant and adhesive
Cool Room Mastic
fire rated acoustic sealant
Construction Joint Sealant