Fulaflex 650FC is a high performance, 1-part hybrid moisture curing construction sealant and adhesive, which cures to form a seal that is tough, elastic and weatherproof. Fulaflex 650FC is a high modulus product, which can be used in trafficable areas such as concrete saw cuts in commercial buildings.
* Isocyanate and solvent free
* Non hazardous according to GHS classification
* Permanently flexible in temperatures ranging from -40°C to +100°C with short periods at 120°C
* No shrinking, no bubbling
* Excellent primerless adhesion to many substrates
* No sagging
* High mechanical/dynamic stress resistance - shock/impact resistant
* Neutral adhesive - does not attack bonded surfaces
* Vibration and sound dampening properties
* High bond strength - suited to professional and DIY, construction, marine and automotive environments
* Excellent weathering resistance - good colour stability and weather resistance
* Over paintable wet on wet with many waterbased or solvent based paints (pre testing recommended)
* Resistant to water, dilute alkalis, cleaning agents, lime water and mould
* Avoid exposure to high levels of chlorine
* Do not use in joints deeper than 15mm without the use of a suitable backing rod
* Avoid contact with alcohol and other solvent cleaners during cure phase
* Pre testing may be required on marble or other highly porous stone - finish may be affected
* Solvent based coatings may remain tacky
* Do not use on bituminous surfaces
* Do not use on materials that bleed oil and plasticisers or solvents, as this will affect adhesion
eg most rubbers
* Not a fire rated or glazing sealant. Not suitable for glazing with glass, acrylic or polycarbonate sheets
* Not suitable for swimming pools or hot tubs.
* Sealing expansion and control joints in floors, pavements, roadways, walls, roofs, wall and floor
penetrations, cladding and brickwork
* Elastic bonding of metals, engineered plastics, wood and ceramic surfaces
* In applications where a level of chemical resistance is required
* In seals where acoustic properties are required
* Assembly of insulated and composite panels
* Vibtration-proof bonding of metal components
* Multiple high performance bonding and sealing applications in transport - trains, buses, special purpose vehicles, caravans, 4-wheel drive trailers etc
All surfaces must be clean, dry, sound and free of dust, oil, old sealant or contamination.
Lightly contaminated surfaces should be wiped with Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) using the 2-rag wipe method. Apply IPA to a clean lintfree cloth and wipe onto the surface to be cleaned to solubilize and remove the majority of the contaminant. A clean dry cloth should then be applied to remove remaining contamination and dry the surface. Ensure wet cleaner is not allowed to dry on surface. For more heavily contaminated surfaces or where the IPA does not remove the contaminant, a generic wax and grease remover should be applied using the same 2-rag wipe method. Once this has been completed the surface should be given a final clean with IPA using the 2-rag wipe method to ensure the surface is adequately prepared. Adhesion to metals and some surface finishes can be further improved by light abrasion prior to cleaning with IPA using the 2 rag-wipe method. Manufacturers of plastics should be consulted about suitable cleaning solvents. Adhesion to plastics should be pre-tested.
Mask either side of joint to produce a neat finish. Use a suitable sized foam backing rod or polyethylene bond breaker tape to prevent three sided joint contact impeding the free and even deformation of the sealant in a cyclic joint. Open-cell polyurethane foam is recommended. Use a size 25% wider than the joint width that will compress when inserted into the joint.
Fire-rated Construction joint sealant
Hybrid moisture curing construction sealant
Cool Room Mastic
fire rated acoustic sealant
Construction Joint Sealant